Saturday, January 18, 2014

GRACE - A MISUNDERSTOOD MESSAGE

There is a lot of talk these days about the message of grace. It seems to be the latest "craze" if you will.  Some ministers have adopted this into their message as though it is a new "focus" or revelation God has given them. Others speak strongly against it, citing that it is a new way to reach the lost with an "easy" gospel; a gospel that accepts any lifestyle as is, without need to change....also touted as a "license to sin" gospel.  I must admit, I understand both sides of this argument.

When I first discovered God's love for me, I was being taught the "message of faith". The rise of this doctrine began long before I began my walk with God but from what I have heard, it mirrors the beginnings of this doctrine of "grace".  I imagine that over the course of church history, there other such doctrinal encounters that swept the nations.  Since I am not a scholar in this regard, I won't attempt to identify any such history of the church. What I do know in my limited understanding is that there are those "for" the faith doctrine and those "against" it.....there are those for the "grace" doctrine and those "against" it.

For folks outside the pursuit of God, church, religion, faith etc., we must look rather strange with our divisions and varied doctrinal leanings. For others who are seeking to discover God for whatever the reason, this could be a point of discussion where "positioning and argument" find its breeding ground.

My heart in posting this blog is to give a little insight from my perspective on what I believe God's heart is towards mankind with the ultimate goal of revealing His undying love for us and to show us that His desire is for us to experience His life....a life of peace, joy and contentment. I'm not desiring to compare any such doctrines or to come against anyone's belief.

I will need to break this down over a series of postings in order that these are not too long for any one sitting. I don't know how many or how often these will come forth but I hope you would find life in these words and encouragement for the day. Please feel free to share these with others that may need a lift.

I will end with the beginning.....an understanding of the word "grace" to springboard from.  The word for "grace" in the New Testament is the Greek word Charis (kar-eece) meaning "the Divine Influence upon the heart of a person and the acting out in ones life because of His merciful kindness toward us.

Get to know this definition for it will be the foundation on which you will discover a fresh perspective on God's love for you!

Jim Donadio
GraceLifeMinistry@neo.rr.com
+


No comments:

Post a Comment